Lithia Springs Resort, Ashland, Oregon
October 4, 9-5
- 1/2 day conference price also available, with or without the luncheon/ key note.
- Keynote/ luncheon only is also available
Claim Your Story Writers Conference, October 4 at the Lithia Springs Resort in Ashland, is a day-long gathering that will deepen and spark your writing practice and help you sell your work in a crowded marketplace. Workshops will be taught by talented authors who are also distinguished writing teachers: Melissa Hart, Midge Raymond and Jessica Morrell.
- Brave on the Page, Jessica Morrell
- Everyday Book Marketing: Promoting Your Book During Your Regularly-Scheduled Life, Midge Raymond
- Keynote: Write the Story You Want to Read, Melissa Hart
- What’s in a Title, Jessica Morrell
- Scene in Story: The Critical Component, Melissa Hart
- Branding Discussion and Q & A
Keynote: Write the Story You Want to Read, Melissa Hart. This keynote, informed by a famous J.D. Salinger quote, asks you to claim the story you’ve always wanted to read by boldly sitting down to write it yourself. Hart will challenge you to consider the excuses we make for not writing and inspire you to make a literary life your top priority.
The Lithia Springs Resort in Ashland is an uplifting, charming setting. Conference attendees can tour the gardens and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
To register: Cost for the conference is $125 and includes a catered lunch and beverages. To register or for more information about the conference including the schedule, visit the conference website here at http://claimyourstory.com Payments can be mailed to Jessica Morrell, P.O. Box 820141, Portland, OR 97282-1141. PayPal payments are also accepted.
For more information on the instructors visit:
Jessica Morrell, the conference coordinator, is the author of six books along with the upcoming White Heat and No Ordinary Days. She works as a developmental editor and is also the founder of Summer in Words Writing Conference in Cannon Beach, Oregon and Making it in Changing Times Writing Conference in Portland, Oregon.
Conference logo by Billy Tice of Austin, TX